The journal “Musical Art and Education” is an international scientific publication covering comprehensively and objectively the content and results of research in the field of general, supplementary and professional music education.
The journal was founded in 2013 on the initiative of the Head of the UNESCO Chair “Musical Art and Education lifelong”, Head of the Department of Methodology and Technology of Pedagogy of Music Education at the Moscow Pedagogical State University, doctor of pedagogical sciences, professor, laureate of the Russian Government in the field of education Eduard B. Abdullin. (Until 2019 the journal was published under the title: Bulletin of the UNESCO Chair “Musical Arts and Education”.)
Theme of the journal is the establishing the relationship between musical art and the pedagogy of music education in the field of psychology of music education, musicology, musical performance, history, theory and methodology of music education.
The journal accepts for publication scientific articles, theoretical and methodological articles reflecting the results of original research relevant to the journal theme, as well as review articles with a clear indication of the author’s conceptual position.
The main sections of the journal:
- Methodology of pedagogy of music education,
- Musical Psychology and Psychology of Music Education,
- Musical historical and theoretical education,
- Musical performance and education,
- History, theory and methodology of music education.
The mission of the journal is
- to bring figures of musical art, science and culture to an open discussion of topical issues of musical teaching and music education;
- to support creative initiatives in the field of musical education policy, theory and practice;
- to expand and strengthen the international relations in the field of musical-pedagogical, musical-psychological sciences and education;
- to promote the integration of national and foreign musicians and teachers, aimed at studying the effect of music art and education in music and general lifelong personality development, the formation of musical culture of the students as part of their spiritual culture, to improve the system of general, supplementary and professional music education.
The editorial board and the editorial council of the journal include 19 specialists representing leading scientific musical and musical pedagogical communities in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Perm, as well as musicians and educators from the USA, Australia and the Republic of Moldova.
The target audience of the journal: teaching staff of universities; academic staff and experts in the field of higher and secondary special musical teaching and music education; doctoral students, graduate students and undergraduates of Russian and foreign universities and scientific and educational institutions, music teachers, teachers of supplementary music education.
The journal is included in the Russian Science Citation Index.
The journal is included in the List of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals recommended for publishing the main scientific results of dissertations for the Doctor and Candidate of Sciences degree of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
Scientific specializations and corresponding fields of science, for which the journal is included in the list:
13.00.00 – Pedagogical Sciences:
13.00.01 General pedagogy, History of pedagogy and education;
13.00.02 Theory and methodology for training and education (fields and levels of education);
13.00.08 Theory and methodology for professional education;
19.00.00 – Psychological Sciences:
19.00.01 General Psychology, Personality psychology, History of psychology;
17.00.00 – Art History:
17.00.02 Musical art
Journal Founder – Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Moscow Pedagogical State University” (MPSU).
Mass media registration certificate: ПИ № ФС77-75325 dated 15.03.2019.
The journal is published four times a year.
Volume – 178 p.
Subscription index of the journal in the United catalog “Press of Russia” – 85002.
Subscription to the journal is issued at the post offices of “Russian Post”.
115172, Moscow, Novospassky pereulok, 3-3, Department of Music, Institute of Fine Arts, Moscow Pedagogical State University, office 203.
Tel.: +7 (495) 632-79-81.